h+ SCALP & HAIR THERAPEUTICS
As faculty at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Dr. Kazin believes strongly in the value of unbiased data to support her products’ claims. She wanted to separate her products from others on the market by conducting a rigorous IRB-approved study to confirm product efficacy and patient satisfaction.
Dr. Kazin contacted the dermatological expert in cosmeceutical clinical testing, Dr. Zoe Draelos, to run the month long trial. The trial proved immensely successful in confirming the products claims with highly statistically significant data (see report below). *For full data report click link below.
Additionally, she went a step further to demonstrate that not only do her products have clinical efficacy in treating the scalp, they also help make the hair look and feel healthy. Dr. Kazin enlisted Bria Laboratories to conduct an intensive salon study which demonstrated superior results in stylist and client satisfaction after using these products. (see graphs below).
Dr. Kazin has filed a U.S. as well as an International patent on these formulations.
Investigator Longitudinal Hair Assessment:
- The dermatologist investigator assessed excellent improvement in hair attributes at all evaluation time points (week 1, week 2, and week 4).
- There were highly statistically significant (p<0.001) improvements noted in manangeability, frizziness, dryness, roughness, shine, and overall
assessment at week 1.
- All assessments became highly statistically significant at weeks 2 and 4.
- This is excellent performance for a medicated shampoo designed to reduce scalp itch while simultaneously beautifying the hair.
Investigator Longitudinal Scalp Assessment:
- The investigator queried the subjects as to improvement in scalp stinging, burning, and itching at all visits.
- Scalp burning, stinging, and itching improved throughout the study until week 4 where there was a highly statistically significant (p<0.001) reduction in all sensory parameters.
- The investigator visually assessed scalp irritation, erythema, desquamation, flaking, dryness, and overall appearance at weeks 1, 2, and 4.
- All parameters showed a statistically significant reduction at week 1.
- Irritation, itching, desquamation, dryness, and overall appearance showed a highly statistical (p<0.001) reduction.
- By week 2 and continuing on into week 4, all parameters showed a highly statistically significant reduction.
- Again, the investigator noted dramatic improvement in scalp health as a result of the treatment regimen.
Subject Longitudinal Hair Assessment:
- The subjects also rated strong improvement in hair attributes during the 4 week study.
- At week 1, subjects rated a statistically significant improvement in manageability (p=0.035), frizziness (p=0.002), dryness (p=0.001), roughness (p=0.003), shine (p=0.011), split ends (p=0.011), and overall appearance (p=0.012).
- Improvement continued on into week 2 where all parameters remained statistically significant.
- By week 4 all parameters showed highly statistically (p<0.001) improvement.
- This result is consistent with the dermatologist investigator assessment demonstrating impressive subject perceived improvement in hair health.
Subject Longitudinal Scalp Assessment:
- Subject assessed scalp improvement was also excellent.
- There was a statistically significant reduction in scalp flakes (p=0.002), visible flaking (p<0.001), dryness (p=0.012), and overall scalp appearance (p=0.015) at week 1.
- The sensory symptoms of stinging (p=0.049), burning (p=0.014), and itching (p=0.001) were also statistically improved at week 1.
- By weeks 2 and 4, all subject assessed scalp parameters were highly statistically significant (p<0.001).
- Also providing for a very strong subject assessed improvement in scalp health mirroring the dermatologist investigator assessments.
h+ SCALP & HAIR THERAPEUTICS
Salon study data to support aesthetic claims on NOURISHING SCALP & HAIR MASQUE panelist evaluation:
Results based on rating scale from 1 (low) – 5 (very high).
Salon study data to support aesthetic claims on NOURISHING SCALP & HAIR MASQUE stylist evaluation:
Results based on rating scale from 1 (low) – 9 (very high).